Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now required when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and face at all times. Masks are available.
Speak to a member of staff.
Parksville is open for walkthrough service! Don’t forget your library card!
- Full collection available for browsing. Also holds pick up and self-checkout available. Limited public computer access.
- Mondays takeout service only.
- Please phone or email for more in depth help, or technical assistance.
- Bookdrop open 24/7.
- Wearing of masks encouraged and appreciated!
No admittance to Municipal Building. Enter library through South Parking Lot.
About the Branch
The Parksville library branch opened in 1937. Parksville had a history of library service prior to that in the form of a travelling library. The library has been at its current location on Jensen Avenue since 2001.
It received an aesthetic makeover in early 2019.
- 2 public access computers with Internet access, word processing and printing
- Free public WiFi
- Library Manager – Stephanie Pettigrew
- Customer Services Librarian – Susan Pierce