Learning Computers? No Problem!
8 result(s) found.
Acorn TV offers world-class mysteries, dramas, comedies, and documentaries, including classic series like Poldark, Murdoch Mysteries, Foyle’s War, Midsomer Murders, Poirot, and Vera. Checkout and stream from the RBdigital app or website.
Each checkout is for 7 days of unlimited streaming. VIRL has a weekly service cap for Acorn TV. This service cap overrides available checkouts. The cap resets Sunday mornings at 6 am.
AudioBookCloud is an online collection of streaming, simultaneous-use audiobooks for all ages. Browse titles by category, or click on Index to see all titles in the collection. Access through your browser.
Kanopy is a video streaming platform for libraries with one of the largest and most unique collections in the world. It features more than 26,000 movies, documentaries, and indie and foreign films from hundreds of producers, including The Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, Kino Lorber, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers. Browse by subjects to explore and expand your interests.
Each library member receives 6 checkouts (play credits) per month. VIRL has a monthly service cap, which overrides available checkouts. This cap resets on the 1st of the following month. Kanopy Kids and the Great Courses require no play credits. The message “Access is temporarily unavailable” or “This film is not available at your library yet” indicates that the library has reached its monthly budget cap.
KnowBC is the online portal for Harbour Publishing, an independent publisher based on the Sunshine Coast that focuses on British Columbian coastal history and culture. KnowBC features the Encyclopedia of British Columbia, along with essential publications and natural history field guides for the Pacific Northwest Coast, including
- The Encyclopedia of Raincoast Place Names
- Far West: The Story of British Columbia, a provincial history for younger readers
- A Field Guide to Birds of the Pacific Northwest
- A Field Guide to Medicinal Wild Plants of Canada
- A Field Guide to Shells and Shellfish of the Pacific Northwest
- Marine Life of the Pacific Northwest: A Photographic Encyclopedia of Invertebrates, Seaweeds and Selected Fishes
- Raincoast Chronicles 20: Lilies and Fireweed: Frontier Women of British Columbia
Knowledge Network, is a Canadian publicly funded educational cable television network serving the province of British Columbia. The station supports lifelong learning for children and adults by providing quality, commercial-free programming through its broadcast channel, websites and apps. Knowledge Network also invests in documentaries and children’s programs produced by independent filmmakers with more than 40% of their programming budget supporting original stories told by BC and Canadian filmmakers. Download their app and stream their content for free!
Lynda.com is an online learning platform featuring video courses and tutorials. Lynda.com offers courses with a focus on skills for business, creative industries, education, information technology, software, and web development. The tutorials are high quality and led by industry experts.
Lynda.com includes topics, software skills, and learning paths for the following subject areas:
- 3D +Animation
- Audio + Music
- Information Technology
OverDrive is our most popular eBook and eAudiobook platform. All you need to get started is your library card and an internet connection. Download the Libby App for a simple and easy experience downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks for free.
Each library member receives 10 check outs and 10 holds at any one time.
- Information on OverDrive’s new “deliver later” feature for holds is here: help.overdrive.com/en-us/2265.htm
The world’s largest online newspaper and magazine kiosk, where you can browse and read hundreds of full-content premium newspapers and magazines from around the globe.
Access to the Globe & Mail is in-branch only. Canadian Newsstream provides access to the Globe & Mail from home.
- Launch Canadian Newsstream
- Search Publications for “globe and mail”
- Select the second result, with “Full text coverage: Nov 14, 1977 – present”, to open the Publication Information page
- Click on the link to “Latest available issue”, e.g. Mar 24, 2020
- Or scroll down the page to find links to back issues
- Articles are listed individually, sorted by page order