Books By Mail
Books by Mail (BBM) is a free mail service for people who live in a remote location within the Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) service area. The VIRL service area includes:
- Valdez Islands
- The DeCourcy group
- Thetis and Penelakut Island
- Denman Island
- Lasqueti Island
- The Central Coast and Mount Waddington Regional Districts, including:
- All the islands from Quadra and Cortes Island in the south, to Dowager Island in the north
- Bella Coola
- Haida Gwaii
The VIRL service area does not include:
- The municipalities of Victoria, Esquimalt, Oak Bay, View Royal, Central Saanich, Colwood, Langford, or the Highlands
- The Langford electoral area known as Willis Point and Durrance Lake
- Alert Bay
- The Southern Gulf Islands including Piers, Salt Spring, Pender, Galiano, Saturna, or Texada
For registration information, visit our Get a Card page or email us at email@example.com to request Books by Mail service.
Adults, as well as children, may register for Books by Mail to borrow books, audiobooks, CDs, and DVDs.
Books by Mail patrons can also use the email address above or call 1.877.415.VIRL (8475) to contact library staff who can help select materials and find information.