Search Illume for material held by other BC library systems.
Please note: The preferred browser for accessing Illume is Chrome. Firefox and MS Edge also work, Internet Explorer does not.
Can’t find what you’re looking for in our catalogue? Browse other library systems in BC and elsewhere in Canada through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
How to place an ILL request
- Check to see if the item is available in another BC Library system by using lllume catalogue. This will search many library systems for the item you are looking for.
- Request the item using the form below.
How long will an ILL request take?
ILLs can take considerably longer than requests placed within our system since they come from other libraries in the province or elsewhere in Canada. Due to COVID-19 related disruptions in service at library systems that fill our requests, it may take from 3 to 6 months or longer for an ILL to be filled.
What can be requested?
Materials available through ILL include:
- Copies of articles from magazines, newspapers or conference proceedings
- Photocopies of specific information from non-circulating books
- Microfilm of census, newspaper or archival material
- Audiobooks may be requested for the visually impaired
There is no limit on the number of ILLs you can have in a year; however, you may only have 10 active ILL requests at a time. This is consistent with BC Library interlibrary loan practice.
Materials NOT available through ILL include:
- Audiovisual materials (CDs, audio tapes, CDROMs, videocassettes, DVDs)
- Non-circulating/reference materials
- Books published in the current or previous year
- Items priced under $15
- Magazines, except photocopies of specific articles
- Rare, old or fragile books
- Computer software and computer games
- eBooks or other electronic resources
What is the loan period for ILLs?
- Loan periods are set by the lending library and are two or three weeks. Please return materials promptly
- Renewals are not allowed and items may not be re-requested for a three month period
- Lending libraries may place restrictions on the use of their materials, for example, “Library use only”
What are the charges when using ILL?
- There is no charge for using the service
- Overdue fines for ILLs are $1.50/day for adult materials
- There are no fines for children’s materials