Newly Acquired Books & eBooks!
Coming Soon to a Library Near You!
8 result(s) found.
KnowBC is the online portal for Harbour Publishing, an independent publisher based on the Sunshine Coast that focuses on British Columbian coastal history and culture. KnowBC features the Encyclopedia of British Columbia, along with essential publications and natural history field guides for the Pacific Northwest Coast, including
- The Encyclopedia of Raincoast Place Names
- Far West: The Story of British Columbia, a provincial history for younger readers
- A Field Guide to Birds of the Pacific Northwest
- A Field Guide to Medicinal Wild Plants of Canada
- A Field Guide to Shells and Shellfish of the Pacific Northwest
- Marine Life of the Pacific Northwest: A Photographic Encyclopedia of Invertebrates, Seaweeds and Selected Fishes
- Raincoast Chronicles 20: Lilies and Fireweed: Frontier Women of British Columbia
Discover your next favorite book! Finish a great book and looking for more? NoveList’s librarian-created read-alike suggestions and appeal mixer can help. Search from home. Link to the library’s catalogue. Then borrow and read.
OverDrive is our most popular eBook and eAudiobook platform. All you need to get started is your library card and an internet connection. Download the Libby App for a simple and easy experience downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks for free.
Each library member receives 10 check outs and 10 holds at any one time.
- Information on OverDrive’s new “deliver later” feature for holds is here: help.overdrive.com/en-us/2265.htm
Project Gutenberg offers over 54,000 free eBooks: Choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online. You will find the world’s great literature here, especially older works for which copyright has expired. Project Gutenberg digitizes and diligently proofreads them with the help of thousands of volunteers.
RomanceBookCloud offers a great collection of romance eBooks. No limits, no wait lists. Browse by category; search authors, titles or genres; or click on Index to see all titles. Access and read through your browser.
TeenBookCloud (aka TumbleBookCloud) has 600 titles for middle and high school readers! This collection contains a wide range of audiobooks, classics, graphic novels, novels, poetry, and short stories! National Geographic videos are available too.
Note: The TumbleBookCloud app no longer works with library sign in. For mobile device users, please tap Launch for browser access to the web platform. A new app is being developed by the vendor.
Update: TumbleBooks is providing free access, no card required. Click on the Launch button to open.
An online collection of animated picture books, audiobooks, graphic novels, children’s classics, early reader chapter books, and National Geographic videos. A great resource to teach kids the joy of reading in a format they’ll love!