7 result(s) found.
The world’s largest online newspaper and magazine kiosk, where you can browse and read hundreds of full-content premium newspapers and magazines from around the globe. Access is for 30 days after library sign-in. You will need to follow the steps to sign in as a library member after that 30 day period, to re-start another 30 days of access.
Access to the Globe & Mail is in-branch only. Canadian Newsstream provides access to the Globe & Mail from home.
OverDrive is our most popular eBook and eAudiobook platform. It also includes current and back issues of popular magazines. All you need to get started is your library card and an internet connection. Download the Libby App for a simple and easy experience downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks for free.
Each library member receives 10 check outs and 10 holds at any one time.
Magazines do not count towards the check out cap.
Popular full text magazines covering subject areas of general interest, including an Image Collection of over 350,000 photos, maps and flags. Access to Consumer Reports publications is included, but we recommend using the Consumer Reports database.
Consumer Reports provides trusted ratings and reviews, recommendations and buying advice for thousands of products and services.
- Babies and kids
- Health, fitness and food
- Home and garden
CELA is the Centre for Equitable Library Access, which provides access to a collection of over 700,000 books, magazines, newspapers in a choice of accessible formats for people with a print disability. Print disabilities include learning, physical and visual disabilities.
- Enjoy a full range of subjects, genres, classics and award winners
- Stay up to date with 50 newspapers and 150 magazines
- Choose your preferred format: audio, e-text or braille.
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
Full text access to over 500 BC and Canadian newspapers. Titles include the Vancouver Sun, The Province, Times Colonist, Globe and Mail, National Post, Toronto Star, Calgary Herald, Montreal Gazette, Ottawa Citizen, and Winnipeg Free Press. Content for some titles starts from the 1970s. Canadian Newsstream is updated daily.
Easy access to back issues of local Vancouver Island newspapers: great for genealogists!
- Launch Canadian Newsstream
- Search Publications for “globe and mail”
- Select the second result, with “Full text coverage: Nov 14, 1977 – present”, to open the Publication Information page
- Click on the link to “Latest available issue”, e.g. Mar 24, 2020
- Or scroll down the page to find links to back issues
- Articles are listed individually, sorted by page order
BC Local Community News
Bringing BC’s communities together. News from around the province.