Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now required when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and mouth at all times. Masks are available. Speak to a member of staff.
Hours listed to the right are for our library takeout service.
Limited sit down service is available:
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays: 2-4
- Wednesdays and Fridays: 10-12
Limited sit down service includes:
- 30 minute computer sessions
- DVD browsing
- Takeout service
- Printing and photocopying
- Reference and readers advisory services
About the Branch
The land on which we gather is the unceded traditional territory of the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the T’sou-ke First Nation, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
The Sooke branch of the Vancouver Island Regional Library system was established in 1963.
New Sooke Library
A new library is under development for Sooke.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Branch Hours are for Takeout Service
- Check the branch page for book drop and sit down service hours
- 24/7 Book Return
- Wheelchair accessible
- 2 public access computers
- On BC Transit route
- Free public WiFi
- Collection size of 23,000 items
- Library Manager – Peter Maguire
- Children & Youth Services Librarian – Nathalie Jones