The Sooke branch will be closed for sit down service on February 27, reopening for sit down service on March 2. We remain open for takeout service on February 27.
Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now required when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and face at all times. Masks are available.
Hours listed to the right are for our library takeout service.
Our book drop is open for returns from Tuesday at 12 PM until Saturday at 5 PM.
Limited sit down service is available:
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays: 2-4
- Wednesdays and Fridays: 10-12
Limited sit down service includes:
- 30 minute computer sessions
- DVD browsing
- Takeout service
- Printing and photocopying
- Reference and readers advisory services
About the Branch
The land on which we gather is the unceded traditional territory of the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the T’sou-ke First Nation, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
The Sooke branch of the Vancouver Island Regional Library system was established in 1963.
New Sooke Library
A new library is under development for Sooke.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Branch Hours are for Takeout Service
- Check the branch page for book drop and sit down service hours
- Wheelchair accessible
- 2 public access computers
- 1 children's computer with educational games
- On BC Transit route
- Free public WiFi
- Collection size of 23,000 items
- Library Manager – Peter Maguire
- Children & Youth Services Librarian – Nathalie Jones