Wearing a mask is now optional in the library. Masks are available. Speak to any member of staff.
- The stacks are open for full browsing! Please bring your library card with you!
- Hold pick-up and self-checkout are also available.
- Five public computers are available for one hour drop-in sessions.
- Please phone or email for more in-depth help or technical assistance. Half-hour sessions are available in the branch following safety measures.
- Grab & Go bags: We have a large selection of themed book bunches ready for you to check out right away. Bunches are selected by our librarians around a theme and reader. All ages are available!
- The Courtenay Seed Library
- Our meeting room is available for FREE to nonprofit groups! Please go to our Book a Room page linked below for more information.
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territories of the K’ómoks First Nation, who have been caretakers of the land since time immemorial. Located in the heart of downtown Courtenay, this branch, with its striking architecture and well-loved staff, is a popular attraction for visitors and residents of Courtenay alike. Longtime residents of the Comox Valley will draw parallels between the library’s wood beam construction and the Creamery building that once stood at the site.
- 5 Public computer stations
- Word processing
- Printing and photocopying
- Wheelchair accessible
- Reading lounge with fireplace
- 1 meeting room
- Programs for adults, kids, and teens
- Research help
- Microfilm reader and printer
- Free public WiFi
- Library Manager – Greg Gulas
- Adult Customer Service Librarian – Vacant
- Children & Youth Customer Service Librarian – Natalie Catto