Branch Update: Vancouver Island Regional Library branches are temporarily closed until further notice to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Please check https://virl.bc.ca/covid-19-update/ for regular updates.
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territories of the K’ómoks First Nation, who have been caretakers of the land since time immemorial. Located in the heart of downtown Courtenay, this branch, with its striking architecture and well-loved staff, is a popular attraction for visitors and residents of Courtenay alike. Longtime residents of the Comox Valley will draw parallels between the library’s wood beam construction and the Creamery building that once stood at the site.
- 16 Public Computer Stations
- Word Processing
- Printing & Photocopying
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Reading Lounge with fireplace
- Study carrels and tables
- Programs for Adults and Children
- Research help
- Microfilm Reader & Printer
- Free public WiFi
- Library Manager – Greg Gulas
- Adult Customer Service Librarian – Jessica Humphries
- Children & Youth Customer Service Librarian – Natalie Catto