Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now recommended — and appreciated — when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and mouth at all times. Free masks available upon request. Please speak to a member of staff.
- The stacks are open for full browsing! Please bring your library card with you!
- Hold pick-up and self-checkout is also available.
- Four public computers are available for one hour drop-in sessions.
- Please phone or email for more in-depth help or technical assistance. Half-hour sessions are available in the branch following safety measures!
- Book drop open 24/7.
- We also have Book Bundles! Get a customized bundle of books (and/or magazines, DVDs, audiobooks, etc.) made up just for you! A librarian will browse the Courtenay branch for you – for adults, teens, and children – and put together a bundle of materials we know you’ll love:
- Grab & Go bags: We have a large selection of themed book bunches ready for you to check out right away. Bunches are selected by our librarians around a theme and reader. All ages are available!
- The Courtenay Seed Library
Services NOT available at this time: In-person programming.
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territories of the K’ómoks First Nation, who have been caretakers of the land since time immemorial. Located in the heart of downtown Courtenay, this branch, with its striking architecture and well-loved staff, is a popular attraction for visitors and residents of Courtenay alike. Longtime residents of the Comox Valley will draw parallels between the library’s wood beam construction and the Creamery building that once stood at the site.
- 16 Public computer stations
- Word processing
- Printing and photocopying
- Wheelchair accessible
- Reading lounge with fireplace
- Study carrels and tables
- Programs for adults, kids, and teens
- Research help
- Microfilm reader and printer
- Free public WiFi
- Library Manager – Greg Gulas
- Adult Customer Service Librarian – Jessica Humphries
- Children & Youth Customer Service Librarian – Gillian Connors