Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now required when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and mouth at all times. Masks are available. Speak to a member of staff. If you are unable to wear a mask in branch please contact us by phone or email to arrange for Take Out service.
Our branch is fully open for walk through service! Don’t forget your library card! Holds pick up, full browsing of the collection, and self-checkout available. Themed Grab & Go Bags of 3 or more books for a range of audiences and interests are available for quick and convenient checkout. Two public computers are available for 30 minutes per day on a first-come, first-serve basis. Printing costs $0.25 per page.
Exterior bookdrop open 24/7, located near mall entrance #2. (Please note: our bookdrop recently moved to the opposite wall from its former location. It is now located along the easterly wall near Nanaimo Insurance.)
We look forward to welcoming you to the branch! If you are unable to wear a mask in branch please contact us by phone or email to arrange for Take Out service.
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territory of the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the Snuneymuxw First Nation, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
Nanaimo Wellington branch is located in Country Club Centre, halfway between downtown and the north end of the city. In May 2017, the library moved from its former location on Barons Road, where it had been since 1979, to its current location across the street at Country Club Centre.
- Open for Walk Through
- Full collection available to browse
- 20,000 items in collection
- Two public computers available for 30 minutes per day. First-come, first-serve.
- Free public WiFi
- Free parking
- Wheelchair accessible
- 24/7 bookdrop located outside of mall entrance #2 (Please note: our bookdrop recently moved to the opposite wall from its former location. It is now located along the easterly wall near Nanaimo Insurance.)
How to Get Here
The library is located inside the mall across from Shoppers Drug Mart.
Accessibility for People with Disabilities
- All bus stops for Country Club Centre are along Norwell Drive.
- An accessibility ramp is located on Norwell Drive just before Great Canadian Oil Change. From there you can make your way to the back entrance of the mall.
- Reserved accessible parking spaces are clustered around all entrances to the mall.
- The most convenient parking spaces are located at the back entrance.
- When parking at the front of the mall, the entrance near Save-On foods and Shoppers Drug Mart is closest to the library.
After Hours Returns
Items can be returned 24 hours a day, seven days per week, in the blue book bins located at the mall entrance next to Nanaimo Insurance.
Meeting rooms temporarily unavailable
Please note that all VIRL meeting spaces and rooms are temporarily unavailable at this time. Please check back often for updates. We appreciate your patience.
Wellington branch has one study room available. It seats 4 and can be booked up to 7 days in advance.
How to book the study room:
- Fill out this form
- Call the branch at 250-758-5544
- Drop by and speak to staff
- Library Manager – Jennifer Seper
- Customer Services Librarian II – Steinunn Benjaminsson