Please bring your library card with you, we will ask you to scan your card before we retrieve your holds.
Other services now available include:
Grab & Go Bags: We have put together themed grab bags of 3 or more books for a range of audiences and interests. We will check out the books to you as usual and you can return them together or separately. Stop by the branch and browse our Grab & Go menu during our new branch hours.
Book Bundles:Visit Nanaimo Wellington during our new branch hours, or send us an email at NanaimoWellington@virl.bc.ca to receive a Book Bundle form. Return the form in person or via email to get a customized bundle of materials (books, magazines, DVDs, audiobooks, etc.) made up just for you! We will browse the Nanaimo Wellington branch for you and put together a selection of materials based on your interests. Please allow a minimum of one week for Book Bundle requests to be processed.
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territory of the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the Snuneymuxw First Nation, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
Nanaimo Wellington branch is located in Country Club Centre, halfway between downtown and the north end of the city. In May 2017, the library moved from its former location on Barons Road, where it had been since 1979, to its current location across the street at Country Club Centre.
- Open for Takeout
- 20,000 items in collection
- Free public WiFi
- Free parking
- Wheelchair accessible
How to Get Here
The library is located inside the mall across from Shoppers Drug Mart.
Accessibility for People with Disabilities
- All bus stops for Country Club Centre are along Norwell Drive.
- An accessibility ramp is located on Norwell Drive just before Great Canadian Oil Change. From there you can make your way to the back entrance of the mall.
- Reserved accessible parking spaces are clustered around all entrances to the mall.
- The most convenient parking spaces are located at the back entrance.
- When parking at the front of the mall, the entrance near Save-On foods and Shoppers Drug Mart is closest to the library.
After Hours Returns
Items can be returned 24 hours a day, seven days per week, in the blue book bins located at the mall entrance next to Save-On Foods.
Meeting rooms temporarily unavailable
Please note that all VIRL meeting spaces and rooms are temporarily unavailable at this time. Please check back often for updates. We appreciate your patience.
Wellington branch has one study room available. It seats 4 and can be booked up to 7 days in advance.
How to book the study room:
- Fill out this form
- Call the branch at 250-758-5544
- Drop by and speak to staff
- Library Manager – Jennifer Seper
- Customer Services Librarian II – Steinunn Benjaminsson