About the Branch
Nanaimo Wellington branch is located in Country Club Centre, halfway between downtown and the north end of the city. In May 2017, the library moved from its former location on Barons Road, where it had been since 1979, to its current location across the street at Country Club Centre.
- 20,000 items in collection
- 8 Public computers with Microsoft Office
- Photocopier, scanner and printer
- Free public WiFi
- Fireplace and reading lounge
- Study room (seats 4)
- Free parking
- Wheelchair accessible
How to Get Here
The library is located inside the mall across from Shoppers Drug Mart. Between 6pm and 8pm Monday through Thursday when the mall is closed, the library can be accessed through the entrance next to Save-On Foods.
Accessibility for People with Disabilities
- All bus stops for Country Club Centre are along Norwell Drive.
- An accessibility ramp is located on Norwell Drive just before Great Canadian Oil Change. From there you can make your way to the back entrance of the mall.
- Reserved accessible parking spaces are clustered around all entrances to the mall.
- The most convenient parking spaces are located at the back entrance.
- When parking at the front of the mall, the entrance near Save-On foods and Shoppers Drug Mart is closest to the library.
After Hours Returns
Items can be returned after hours in the two blue bins located at the mall entrance next to Save-On Foods. Items will be checked in on the next day the branch is open.
Wellington branch has one study room available. It seats 4 and can be booked up to 7 days in advance.
How to book the study room:
- Fill out this form
- Call the branch at 250-758-5544
- Drop by and speak to staff
- Library Manager – Jennifer Seper
- Customer Services Librarian II – Ginger Warden