Book Printing on the Espresso Book Machine
The Espresso Book Machine, often referred to as the EBM is an all in one booking binding machine. The EBM can print, bind, and trim paperback books with full colour covers and black and white interiors. When ready to print, we upload your cover file and book block file book printer using two printer, it prints and binds the book on demand. And it works fast, able to start and finish a book in about eight minutes.
What can I publish?
The Espresso Book Machine can make a trade paper back book, with a trim size from 5″ to 10″ in height and 4.5″ to 8.25″ in width. It can hold between 49-800 pages per book. Commonly printed books on our Espresso Book Machine include Journals, Memoirs, Poetry books, Novels and Cook Books.
How it works
- To submit your Book Block and Cover files, they must be saved as PDF files and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover page for your book and the inside pages of the book, or “book block”.
- Creativity Commons staff will review the files to ensure they meet the standards set for the EBM.
- A test print will be completed within 1-2 weeks and arranged for pickup for customers to review and ensure the book appears as desired. Standard book printing costs apply for this test copy.
- If customers need to adjust the book block, this must be emailed back to email@example.com. Another test copy will be completed within 1-2 weeks, standard printing costs apply.
- Once the customer approves the final test copy, the full run of books requested will be printed. Please see our guide for printing rates.
- Need help formatting your book block? Check out our printable guide here: Formatting the Content of Your Book
Processing Fee: 15.00 one time fee per book
Cover & Binding Fee: 6.00 per book
Paper Fee : 0.05 per page
Please contact the Creativity Commons if you would like to get a quote.
- Minimum page count: 49 pages
- Maximum page size: 8 x 10 inches
- Covers can be printed in colour on our Matt Cover card stock. The book block, however, is printed in greyscale.
- You must own the copyright to the material being printed or it must be in the public domain. No hate literature or content harmful to minors.
- Printing with the EBM does not guarantee additions of the title to VIRL’s collection.