Branch Update: Vancouver Island Regional Library branches are temporarily closed until further notice to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Please check https://virl.bc.ca/covid-19-update/ for regular updates.
About the Branch
A public plebiscite created the Port Alberni library 1936. In 1938, it was located in the back of McVicar’s Drug Store, where store employees acted as library attendants. 34 years later, in 1972, the library moved to the Echo Centre and underwent a major refurbishment and expansion in 2007.