Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now required when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and face at all times. Masks are available.
Speak to a member of staff.
- Open for walkthrough service! Don’t forget your library card!
- Selected collections available for browsing. Also holds pick up and self-checkout available.
- Takeout service is no longer available. We look forward to welcoming you to the branch!
- Please phone or email for more in depth help, or technical assistance.
- Bookdrop open 24/7
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territories of the K’ómoks First Nation, who have been caretakers of the land since time immemorial. The Village of Comox joined the Vancouver Island Union Library system as a book station in 1937, withdrew in 1957, and re-entered the system as a branch in 1972. The library moved to its current location in the Portside building on Beaufort Ave in 2009.
Located in the heart of Comox, the library is just two blocks from the water, and a constant hive of activity each day. The library is woven into the fabric of the community and is cherished by Comox’s youngest library users all the way to its most senior customers.
- Printing & photocopying
- Wheelchair accessible
- Free public WiFi
- In addition to street parking there are 12 library parking spaces behind the building
- Library Manager – Greg Gulas
- Customer Services Librarian – Natalie Catto