Wearing a mask is now optional in the library. Masks are available. Speak to any member of staff.
- Now fully open. Please don’t forget your library card.
- Full collection available for browsing. Also holds pick up and self-checkout available.
- Please phone or email for more in depth help, or technical assistance.
- Bookdrop open 24/7.
- Our meeting room is available for FREE to nonprofit groups! Please go to our Book a Room page linked below for more information.
The Library is closed for all Statutory Holidays.
New Sayward Library
The brand new Sayward library opened to the public on December 18, 2019 with the following features and amenities:
- 2,100 square feet of floor space
- Expanded hours of operation
- A larger opening day collection with many new materials
- An expanded program schedule
- A laptop bar
- Study space
- A bookable space
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territory of the Wei Wai Kai, Wei Wai Kum, and K’omoks peoples, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
The Sayward Women’s Institute provided library service to Sayward starting in 1964. The Sayward library branch opened in 1971 and moved to Kelsey Way in 1993. In December 2019, Sayward became the first community to receive a new branch as part of VIRL’s rural prototype building model.
- Bookable Meeting Room
- Free Public WiFi
- Collection Size of More Than 3,000 Items
- 1 Public Computer
- Library Manager – Natalie Catto