Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now required when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and face at all times. Masks are available.
Speak to a member of staff.
Welcome back! You can browse the library shelves once again during our new Sit Down Service hours. We will be limiting the number of customers in the branch. Please ensure you practice social distancing and sanitize your hands before entering and leaving the library.
If you bring your library card, you can use the touchless self-checkout! One computer is available for public use. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Sit Down Service Hours
Wednesday 1-4 & 5-7:30
Thursday 10-12 & 1-4
Take Out Service Hours
Saturday 10-12 & 1-4
New Sayward Library
The brand new Sayward library opened to the public on December 18, 2019 with the following features and amenities:
- 2,100 square feet of floor space
- Expanded hours of operation
- A larger opening day collection with many new materials
- An expanded program schedule
- A laptop bar
- Study space
- A bookable space
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territory of the Wei Wai Kai, Wei Wai Kum, and K’omoks peoples, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
The Sayward Women’s Institute provided library service to Sayward starting in 1964. The Sayward library branch opened in 1971 and moved to Kelsey Way in 1993. In December 2019, Sayward became the first community to receive a new branch as part of VIRL’s rural prototype building model.
- Open for Sitdown
- Free public WiFi
- Collection size of more than 3,000 items
- 1 Public Computer
- Library Manager – Joëlle Samson
- Circulation Supervisor – Kim Skogan
- Community Support Technician – Matthew James
- Adult Customer Service Librarian – Arija Fisher
- Children and Youth Customer Service Librarian – Angela Gunther