Branch Update: Vancouver Island Regional Library branches are temporarily closed until further notice to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Please check https://virl.bc.ca/covid-19-update/ for regular updates.
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territories of the K’ómoks First Nation, who have been caretakers of the land since time immemorial.
Nestled against a backdrop of a mature and tranquil forest of every shade of green, VIRL’s Hornby Island branch sits in a picture-perfect setting. After 26 years of serving the community at the New Horizons Centre, the building received some much-needed love and attention in 2016.
- 2 public computers
- Printing and photocopying
- Free public WiFi
- Updated interior with warm features and comfortable seating
- Children's area
- Children's early literacy station
- Magazine nook
- Study space
- Collection size of more than 5,500 items
- Located at the Courtenay Library Branch (250) 334-3369
- Library Manager – Greg Gulas
- Adult Customer Services Librarian – Jessica Humphries
- Children & Youth Customer Services Librarian – Natalie Catto