Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now required when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and face at all times. Masks are available.
Speak to a member of staff.
Open for takeout service! We no longer require you to make an appointment to pick up your holds; simply come at your convenience during any of our take-out hours. Please bring your library card with you, we will ask you to scan your card before we retrieve your holds.
You will not have to pay any late fees that may appear on your account since our closure March 17th, 2020
Late fees may appear on your account due to:
- a delay of 3 to 7 days after you return your books and before they come off your account due to our quarantine procedure
- an online renewal performed by you on overdue items
Please ignore any of these late fee charges, they will eventually be removed from your account
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territories of the K’ómoks First Nation, who have been caretakers of the land since time immemorial.
Nestled against a backdrop of a mature and tranquil forest of every shade of green, VIRL’s Hornby Island branch sits in a picture-perfect setting. After 26 years of serving the community at the New Horizons Centre, the building received some much-needed love and attention in 2016.
- 2 public computers
- Printing and photocopying
- Free public WiFi
- Updated interior with warm features and comfortable seating
- Children's area
- Children's early literacy station
- Magazine nook
- Study space
- Collection size of more than 5,500 items
- Located at the Courtenay Library Branch (250) 334-3369
- Library Manager – Greg Gulas
- Adult Customer Services Librarian – Jessica Humphries
- Children & Youth Customer Services Librarian – Natalie Catto