Branch Update: Vancouver Island Regional Library branches are temporarily closed until further notice to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Please check https://virl.bc.ca/covid-19-update/ for regular updates.
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territory of the Klahoose First Nation, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day. The Cortes branch has existed in its current location, in the former school at Linnaea Farm, since November of 2013. From its friendly, welcoming staff to its expanded collection, the Cortes branch gives islanders first-rate library services and amenities.
- 2 public computers
- Free public WiFi
- Children's early literacy station
- Bright and comfortable reading area
- Collection size of almost 6,500 items
- Library Manager – Natalie Catto
- Adult Customer Service Librarian – Arija Fisher
- Children and Youth Customer Service Librarian – Angela Gunther