My VIRL account page is available to all Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) card holders and is the place to manage your personal account.
To view My VIRL, click on My VIRL on any page of the website and enter your user name or barcode and PIN number.
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a 4 digit code unique to you. The default for this is usually the last 4 digits of your telephone number.
What can I do in my account?
- Check the status of your account
- Track library materials on hold
- See a list of materials you have borrowed
- Place holds on items you want to borrow
- Renew items currently checked out
- Edit your email address
- Update your preferred branch
- Monitor your fines