VIRL’s new eXpress Reads: no holds, no waits on ebooks and audiobooks
August 28, 2019
It’s a lucky day for eBook and Audiobook readers at Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL). With the launch of a new digital collection called eXpress Reads, anyone who uses OverDrive or Libby can now check out some of our most popular titles — 225 in total — without any holds or waits.
“Our collections are in high demand and we recognize that customers can sometimes experience long waits for the chance to dig into popular titles,” says Emily Mathews, VIRL’s Divisional Manager of Collections and Support Services. “That’s why we’re so excited about eXpress Reads, because it means instant access to some of the hottest books in our collection.”
Examples of titles in the eXpress Reads collection include:
- Becoming, Michelle Obama
- Beloved, Toni Morrison
- Dark Sacred Night, Michael Connelly
- Educated: A Memoir, Tara Westover
- A Gentlemen in Moscow, Amor Towles
- Harry Potter series, JK Rowling
- Little Fires Everywhere, Celeste Ng
- Long Road to Mercy, David Baldacci
- The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World, Melinda Gates
- Nine Perfect Strangers, Liane Moriarty
- Past Tense, Lee Child
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind, Yuval Noah Harari
- The Reckoning, John Grisham
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz, Heather Morris
- Unsheltered, Barbara Kingsolver
- Washington Black, Esi Edugyan
- Where the Crawdads Sing, Delia Owens
Accessing eXpress Reads works like this: head to Overdrive or Libby (if using a mobile device). Look for the Heading “eXpress Reads”, browse currently available titles, and download them to your computer, phone, tablet, or eReader.
To the keep the eXpress Reads collection circulating freely, loans are seven days in length with a maximum of three items checked out at any time. For all other titles in the Overdrive/Libby collection, we have increased the number of holds and checkouts customers can place from five to 10 items.
Customers can start downloading ebooks and audiobooks from the eXpress Reads collection today.
For more information
David Carson, Director, Corporate Communications and Strategic Initiatives
Direct: 250.753.1154 ex 248