We are looking for artists and artisans who reside on Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands, Bella Coola and Haida Gwaii to submit examples of their work and descriptions and images of their workspace to be featured in the magazine. One artist will be featured per issue, with one of the artist’s submitted works to appear on the cover. Remaining images will be showcased throughout the magazine and on the artist feature section, with the potential to be featured the Virtual Art Exhibition.
Artwork Submission Images
- 6-8 digital photo examples of your work (please include title, size and medium for each work in your cover letter)
- If possible, also include a photo of your workspace and, ideally, you at work making art.
Please submit to only one genre at a time (if you have submitted a written piece, do not submit artwork until the next submission period), and do not submit more than once in one submission period. If you have work currently under consideration by us, please do not submit again until you have received a response to that submission.
We will respond to all submissions by email following the end of the submission period. Response time will vary depending on the volume of submissions received. If your submission is chosen, we will email you confirmation and a brief set of interview questions.
Cover Letter Requirements
Please provide a cover letter with the following:
- Your name and location
- Brief bio in third person perspective (3-5 sentences). Please include descriptions of your submitted pieces:
- The primary medium/media you work with
- Links to your website or social media, if applicable.