Give Library this Holiday!
November 11, 2020
Give Library and Get Local this Holiday Season!
It doesn’t get more local than your library. That’s why Vancouver Island Regional Library is partnering with locally owned and operated retail businesses in communities across our service area to Give Library this holiday season.
It works like this:
- We provide partnering retailers with professionally produced point of sale card stands loaded with holiday-themed library cards for kids and adults
- Customers take one or more cards to give as stocking stuffers
- We also stock our library branches with beautiful QR coded bookmarks that link straight to our online card sign up — another great stocking stuffer, or add-on to a gift book
Local businesses feel good knowing they’re supporting literacy, connection, and community, and they’ll get some free advertising to boot from their library.
Chances are, there’s a participating business near you.
Why give a library card as a gift?
A library card is a great gift for anyone who loves to read books, watch movies, listen to music, learn languages, play games, and so much more.
The library card not only offers access to millions of items in our 39 libraries, it also opens a world of online products and services!
Here’s a snapshot of just some of the things available with a library card:
- Access to millions of books, ebooks, and audiobooks
- Video games, comics, graphic novels
- Critically-acclaimed streaming movies
- Free downloadable mp3 music
- A global selection of magazines and newspapers
- Lifelong learning opportunities
Let’s all Give Library and get local this holiday season!
Townsite Ace Hardware
635 Cliff Street, Bella Coola
33 South Shore Road, Lake Cowichan
Sword Fern Boutique
89 South Shore Road, Lake Cowichan
French Creek Collective
990 Shoppers Row, Campbell River
Berwick by the Sea
1319 Shoppers Row, Campbell River
The Island Grind
801 Hilchey Road, Campbell River
The Ground Gallery & Coffee House
1599 Main Street, Masset
Country Club Mall
3200 N Island Hwy,
Nanaimo, BC V9T 1W1
35 Commercial Street
North Town Mall – London Drugs
4750 Rutherford Road Suite 175,
North, 6631 Island Hwy,
Nanaimo, BC V9T 4T7
8950 Granville Street, Port Hardy
The Book Nook at Café Guido
7135 Market Street, Port Hardy
43-1705 Campbell Way, Port McNeill
Queen Charlotte City
Queen B’s Café
3208 Wharf Street , Queen Charlotte City
Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea
9811 Seaport Place
Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce
6631 Sooke Road #1A, Sooke
Clarity Integrated Health Studio
922 Tree Frog Lane, Tofino
Mark Hobson Gallery
366 Campbell Street, Tofino
700 Industrial Way, Tofino
102-551 Campbell Street, Tofino