Branch Update: Vancouver Island Regional Library branches are temporarily closed until further notice to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Please check https://virl.bc.ca/covid-19-update/ for regular updates.
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territories of the K’ómoks First Nation, who have been caretakers of the land since time immemorial. The Union Bay library branch opened in 1949. It is the smallest VIRL branch at only 300 square feet, and is adjoined to the historic Union Bay Post Office, built in 1913.
- 1 public computer station
- Free public WiFi
- Collection size of more than 4,400 items
- Professional Staff are located at the Courtenay Library Branch – Call (250) 334-3369
- Library Manager – Greg Gulas
- Adult Customer Services Librarian – Jessica Humphries
- Children & Youth Customer Services Librarian – Natalie Catto