Following changes to Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are no longer required when visiting the library, but you can wear one if you’d like.
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the traditional territory of the Haida Nation, whose historical relationship with their land continues to the present day. The Port Clements library branch opened in 1983. The library branch moved to its new location on Cedar Avenue on April 4th, 2009. The facility is part of a multiplex, sharing a roof with the Village of Port Clements Office, and the Port Clements Elementary School. It is the first branch on Haida Gwaii to have been designed as an open concept community hub, and has become the ‘living room’ for all kinds of social gatherings.
- Open for Sit Down service
- 1 public access computers
- Wheelchair accessible
- Free public WiFi
- Collection size of more than 5,300 items
- Library Manager – Patrick Siebold
- Community Support Technician – Etchi Zaleski
- Circulation Supervisor – Alexandra Rinfret