Branch Update: Vancouver Island Regional Library branches are temporarily closed until further notice to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Please check https://virl.bc.ca/covid-19-update/ for regular updates.
About the Branch
We respectfully acknowledge that this branch is situated on the unceded traditional territories of the K’ómoks First Nation, who have been caretakers of the land since time immemorial. The Cumberland Branch library opened in the old City Hall in 1947. Cumberland library briefly withdrew from the regional system in 1967, but renewed interest allowed for a new branch to open in 1975. In 2013, the branch was reopened in a new ~3,200 sq. ft. space at 2746 Dunsmuir Avenue (over double the size of the previous branch).
- 4 public computers
- Word processing
- Photocopying & printing
- Free public WiFi
- Cozy fireplace
- Children's space
- Collection size of more than 12,000 items
- Located at the Courtenay Library Branch (250) 334-3369
- Library Manager – Greg Gulas
- Adult Customer Services Librarian – Jessica Humphries
- Children & Youth Customer Services Librarian – Natalie Catto