Fax: no fax
cowichan [at] virl [dot] bc [dot] ca
Parking Disruption at Cowichan - September 14 to 18th.
The sidewalk area on the west side (Library side) will be completely closed and will re-open as soon as possible. Concrete work and curing will occur during this time. Please use the Arena side of the Island Savings Centre for both parking and access. Thank you for your patience - it's almost over. The west sidewalk will re-open by the 19th, and overall construction is expected to be complete by September 30th.
Professional Staff Information
- Library Manager - Melanie Reaveley
- Adult Services Librarian - Katey Stickle
- Children & Youth Services Customer Services Librarian - Nariel Davis
Map and Hours
- 16 public access computers with internet access, word processing and printing
- Free wireless internet access (both VIRL and Shaw Go WiFi)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Research help
- Free programs for adults and children
- Daily newspapers
- World Languages collection (Chinese, German, Punjabi, Spanish, Vietnamese and Korean)
- on BC Transit route
- Simon Charlie totem pole
The Cowichan branch has been located at the Island Savings Centre (formerly the Community Centre) since 1979. In 2004, the branch moved from inside the Centre to a beautiful new 12,800 square foot space located on the west side of the Centre.