Our intentions are to promote food security in our local community through the exchange of locally grown and donated seeds. We believe in making growing as accessible as possible and want to encourage our community to grow and save seeds.
How it Works
- VISIT: Stop by the Courtenay Library Branch at 300 6th Street
- BORROW: Help yourself to seed packets
- GROW: Plant your “borrowed” seeds in your garden
- RETURN: Harvest, try your hand at seeding saving and donate back to the library
Drop off seed donations to the Courtenay Library Branch during library hours. Please ensure seeds are placed in clearly labelled envelopes or containers.
The Courtenay Seed Library also offers free educational programs in which participants can learn how to grow, save seeds and connect with local farmers, growers and learners.
- Seed Saving 101: 5 Easiest Seeds to Save
- Seed Saving 102: Bi-Annuals and Brasscias
- Farm Visit 1: Seed Cleaning – Stay Tuned for Details!
- Farm Visit 2: All Things Garlic! – Stay Tuned for Details!