Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now required when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and face at all times. Masks are available.
Hours listed to the right are for our library walkthrough service.
Our book drop is open for returns 24/7.
Computer access and family visits are available by request on Fridays from 3-5 PM. Contact the branch at 250-647-5423 for more information or to book an appointment.
Walkthrough service includes:
- Takeout service
- Reference and readers advisory services
- Full collection browsing
About the Branch
The land on which we gather is the unceded traditional territory of the Pacheedaht First Nation of the Nuu-chah-nulth peoples, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day. The Port Renfrew Library Branch started as a book deposit station in 1964. The library is located at the Port Renfrew Community Centre and is open year-round.
- Designated reading area and comfortable seating
- Children’s literacy computer
- 2 public computers
- 24/7 WiFi
- Modern facility and fixtures
- 24/7 book return
- Collection size of more than 5,000 items
- Library Manager – Peter Maguire
- Children & Youth Customer Service Librarian – Nathalie Jones