Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now required when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and mouth at all times. Masks are available. Speak to a member of staff.
Hours listed to the right are for our library walkthrough service.
Our book drop is open for returns 24/7.
Computer access and family visits are available by request on Fridays from 3-5 PM. Contact the branch at 250-647-5423 for more information or to book an appointment.
Walkthrough service includes:
- Takeout service
- Reference and readers advisory services
- Full collection browsing
About the Branch
The land on which we gather is the unceded traditional territory of the Pacheedaht First Nation of the Nuu-chah-nulth peoples, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day. The Port Renfrew Library Branch started as a book deposit station in 1964. The library is located at the Port Renfrew Community Centre and is open year-round.
- Designated reading area and comfortable seating
- Children’s literacy computer
- 2 public computers
- 24/7 WiFi
- Modern facility and fixtures
- 24/7 book return
- Collection size of more than 5,000 items
- Library Manager – Peter Maguire
- Children & Youth Customer Service Librarian – Nathalie Jones