Branch Update: Vancouver Island Regional Library branches are temporarily closed until further notice to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Please check https://virl.bc.ca/covid-19-update/ for regular updates.
About the Branch
The land on which we gather is the unceded traditional territory of the Pacheedaht First Nation of the Nuu-chah-nulth peoples, whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day. The Port Renfrew Library Branch started as a book deposit station in 1964. The library is located at the Port Renfrew Community Centre and is open year-round.
- Designated reading area and comfortable seating
- Children’s literacy computer
- 2 public computers
- Free public WiFi
- Modern facility and fixtures
- 24/7 book return
- Collection size of more than 5,000 items
- Library Manager – Peter Maguire
- Children & Youth Customer Service Librarian – Nathalie Jones