It’s time to Explore Our Universe with the 2020 Summer Reading Club!
The Summer Reading Club (SRC) takes off on Monday, June 29 and runs until Saturday, August 15.
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP HERE for all the latest updates, facts and fun!
Registration is NOW open! Visit https://bcsrc.ca/
What’s new for 2020?
- We’ve gone virtual! Sign up and participate online
- Kids can set their weekly reading goals and earn digital badges
- ★The Kerplunks will perform a special kick-off live online on July 2 at 2 pm
- Help build our new Minecraft Factions Server: June 29-August 31
- Join the Our Shared Shelf virtual book club, starting at the beginning of July!
- Weekly Saturday Scavenger Hunts in our SRC Facebook group beginning July 4
- Weekly Mario Kart 8 Tournament Wednesday mornings starting July 8 – teens welcome too!
- ★Dr. Jay Cullen of the University of Victoria will talk online about his experience going through the Canadian Space Agency’s Astronaut selection process – be there July 9 at 2 pm!
- ★Ask an Astronomer, live online, July 15 – have your questions ready for astronomer Rachel Wang
- ★Amazing, award-winning author Monique Gray Smith will present a live author reading July 16
- Minecraft Capture the Flag July 23 & Minecraft Hunger Games July 30 – teens also welcome!
- ★SRC 2020 Author/Artist Bambi Edlund will present a virtual stop motion animation workshop and Q&A on July 30
- ★Meet the Wolves live online with Gary Allan, August 6 2-3 pm
- ★Yorick and Bones: Live book launch with father-daughter writing duo Jeremy and Hermione Tankard, August 14 at 2 pm sharp!
Check back here in the coming days for info about more virtual events, storytimes, scavenger hunts, escape rooms, and programs. Also keep an eye on our Events calendar for other programs and activities for adults and teens!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-415-8475 for more information.
Vancouver Island Regional Library is sponsoring the BC Summer Reading Club, in cooperation with the British Columbia Library Association, with funding from the Libraries Branch, BC Ministry of Education, and CUPE BC.