Learning English? Check out our Adult Learning Collection:
9 result(s) found.
BC Laws provides free public access to the current laws of British Columbia. This consolidation of BC Statutes and Regulations is updated continually as new and amended laws come into force. (Note: BC Laws now contains content that used to be in QP [Queen’s Printer] Legaleze)
Career Cruising programs help people build more purposeful futures by assisting with career exploration and planning. This database offers career assessment tools, detailed occupation profiles, and comprehensive post-secondary education information.
Encyclopedia of British Columbia
Historical and contemporary information about BC. The Encyclopedia of British Columbia is the definitive reference work on British Columbia. With more than 4,000 entries and 1,500 accompanying photographs, maps, charts and tables, as well as sound and video clips, the EBC is the source of readable and authoritative information on significant British Columbian people, places and things.
KnowBC is the online portal for Harbour Publishing, an independent publisher based on the Sunshine Coast that focuses on British Columbian coastal history and culture. KnowBC features the Encyclopedia of British Columbia, along with essential publications and natural history field guides for the Pacific Northwest Coast, including
- The Encyclopedia of Raincoast Place Names
- Far West: The Story of British Columbia, a provincial history for younger readers
- A Field Guide to Birds of the Pacific Northwest
- A Field Guide to Medicinal Wild Plants of Canada
- A Field Guide to Shells and Shellfish of the Pacific Northwest
- Marine Life of the Pacific Northwest: A Photographic Encyclopedia of Invertebrates, Seaweeds and Selected Fishes
- Raincoast Chronicles 20: Lilies and Fireweed: Frontier Women of British Columbia
Knowledge Network, is a Canadian publicly funded educational cable television network serving the province of British Columbia. The station supports lifelong learning for children and adults by providing quality, commercial-free programming through its broadcast channel, websites and apps. Knowledge Network also invests in documentaries and children’s programs produced by independent filmmakers with more than 40% of their programming budget supporting original stories told by BC and Canadian filmmakers. Download their app and stream their content for free!
Lynda.com is an online learning platform featuring video courses and tutorials. Lynda.com offers courses with a focus on skills for business, creative industries, education, information technology, software, and web development. The tutorials are high quality and led by industry experts.
Lynda.com includes topics, software skills, and learning paths for the following subject areas:
- 3D +Animation
- Audio + Music
- Information Technology
Language learning database designed to equip you with conversational abilities. Mango immerses you in real, everyday conversations in 45 different language courses. Some of the languages include: Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese and Spanish.
The world’s largest online newspaper and magazine kiosk, where you can browse and read hundreds of full-content premium newspapers and magazines from around the globe.
Access to the Globe & Mail is in-branch only. Canadian Newsstream provides access to the Globe & Mail from home.
- Launch Canadian Newsstream
- Search Publications for “globe and mail”
- Select the second result, with “Full text coverage: Nov 14, 1977 – present”, to open the Publication Information page
- Click on the link to “Latest available issue”, e.g. Mar 24, 2020
- Or scroll down the page to find links to back issues
- Articles are listed individually, sorted by page order
Road to IELTS: General Edition
Road to IELTS: General Edition is the official, online IELTS (International English Language Testing System) preparation and practice database prepared by the British Council, for people learning English who need to pass the exam for educational, immigration, and occupational purposes.