CCM Construction Ltd, a local Sidney company, is conducting the renovation of the Sidney branch.
Once the renovations are complete, the building’s infrastructure will have updated electrical, lighting, HVAC, windows, and more. The library’s interior will also be refreshed, made more accessible, and modernized.
Feature and Amenities
- Remodeled youth and adult sections
- Fireplace lounge area
- Additional computers and a new laptop bar
- Additional study and lounge seating
- New flooring, lighting, and paint
- New furniture and shelving
- Improved layout to accommodate wheelchairs, walkers, and strollers
- Enclosed book-drop
- Assistive computer station for people with vision, hearing, and other impairments
- Accessible customer service desk
Check out this short video for an idea of what to expect when the branch reopens, which is anticipated for Spring 2019.
Back to Capital Projects page
Back to Sidney/North Saanich Branch page