Make a bookmark on the 3D printer
July 26, 2022
Did you know you can make your own bookmark using our 3D printer? You can! Design your bookmark from scratch or browse through free user-created designs and choose your favourite.
Here are three ways to get started:
- Use Tinkercad (it’s free) to create your own design and use our step-by-step guide to help create a bookmark.
- Book a hands-on lesson at the Creativity Commons in Nanaimo to learn how to use the 3D printer and make a bookmark. Contact the Creativity Commons at 1-877-415-8475 or email@example.com.
- Browse designs on Thingiverse, a website dedicated to sharing user-created design files. Once on the website, type “bookmark” into the search bar. Download your favourite design and send it to us as an .stl file. Don’t forget to let us know what colour you want your new bookmark! Browse your options here.
Our 3D printer is in Nanaimo, but our team at the Creativity Commons is happy to help regardless of where in our service area you live. They’ll even send your creation back to your home branch for pick up! Email the Creativity Commons at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your design as an .stl file. Someone will then be in touch to follow up with your request.
Find more fantastic resources and information on 3D printing at the library here.
A printing fee of $.10 per gram of filament will be charged for each print job.
Some print jobs will require support to be printed and a finished models will be weighed with support.
Rules for 3D Printing
- You must have an active Vancouver Island Regional Library card.
- Printing weapons and items prohibited by the Vancouver Island Regional Library’s code of conduct are not allowed.
- Print times are limited to 3 hours per print per day
- Print jobs must be completed during library hours within half an hour before closing.
- You must be 16 years or older or accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.