NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, began and continues as a challenge: write 50 000 words of a novel during the month of November. In support of this challenge, the Vancouver Island Regional Library is sponsoring a series of virtual workshops for aspiring authors to learn how to reach this daunting goal, hosted by author Vanessa Grant!
The workshops will be hosted on Zoom by Vanessa Grant, a Canadian born author of over thirty-five novels, including the instructional book Writing Romance, and will also include a Facebook group for aspiring authors to ask questions, compare notes, and support each other during this enormous project. Workshop topics will include:
- how to sign up for NaNoWriMo
- “I don’t think I can do this. I’ve never finished a thing before.”
- Time management tips
- How do I motivate myself
- How to plan/plot/organize a book
- Cliches and tropes
- “Oh, God! I need to research this”
- Where to good stories come from? How can I “spark” my own story so it feels real to the reader?
If you are jumping into NaNoWriMo or just looking to learn more about writing, Vanessa will be happy to help you!