Join the Nanaimo Harbourfront Library for a Library Parkette at this year’s Park(ing) Day Nanaimo. Park(ing) Day is “an international movement that encourages the community to transform single use parking stalls into shared parkettes.” Come find us on Commercial Street downtown between Museum Way and Wallace Street.
We will have lots of fun stuff going on, including:
- A Family Storytime for all ages featuring songs, stories, rhymes, and more: begins at 11:30am
- A games table with word games like Scrabble and Bananagrams
- A reading nook with comfy seating and library books and magazines to browse
- STEAM kits featuring interactive learning activities related to science, technology, engineering, art, and math
- On-the-spot basic technology help
- Free WiFi from our “MiFi” (portable WiFi) device