For our third year in a row, share a message of kindness and joy this holiday season by making a card for a homebound elder in our community.
Blank cards and envelopes are available at the library. Take one home and create an uplifting, personalized card, or use our supplies to make one while you’re here. Drop your (unsealed) card off at the service desk before Dec.17th and we’ll make sure it gets delivered.
Things to include:
- Creativity. Make your cards colorful and fun– original poems, super-short stories, and drawings are great! Personal touches are what these cards are all about.
- Kind & thoughtful messages. Make the kind of card you’d like to receive.
Things to avoid:
- Glitter. It might start on the card, but it won’t stay there.
- Religion. Your holiday greetings should resonate with anyone.
- Too much personal information.: First names, a story about your cat, your little sister, or what you’re doing during school vacation are great, but don’t include things like your last name, address or phone number.