Join us for a two day Fall Food skills extravaganza! All ages welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Phone 250-746-7661 to register FOR NOV 2 WORKSHOPS or for more information.
- Backyard Chickens 10-11 am
- Microgreens – Learn to grow greens at home indoors for beginners 11-12pm
- Beekeeping Basics 12-1:00 pm
- LUNCH BREAK 1-2 pm – LIGHT REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED
- Grocery Saving – Learn some hot tips and financial basics to help you save on groceries 2-3 pm
- Eat your Weeds – Learn about wild edible plants in your garden and green spaces you can eat all year 3-4 pm
LIGHT REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED
- From Grazing to Braising: Local Meat Production with Ben Glassen of Glassen Farms 10 am – 11 am NO REGISTRATION
- Cooking with Squash and other Nourishing Vegetables- Cooking demo & Taste Test with Cowichan Valley’s Public Health Dietitian. 11 AM – 12 PM – LIMITED SPACE. REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Herbal Teas and Beverages for Health and Immunity with Elder and Knowledge Keeper Gerri Sam (Malahat Nation) and Island Health’s Indigenous Health Dietitian 12-1 PM NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED.
- Applesauce Canning Workshop – Learn to can applesauce and take a jar home to enjoy – 1-4 PM – LIMITED SPACE. REGISTRATION REQUIRED