Do you have new or like-new art or craft related items lying around that you know you’re never going to use? Are you looking to try a new hobby but don’t want to spend money until you’re sure it’s for you? We have a Swap for that!
On Saturday, March 7, we’re hosting the first Art and Craft Supply swap at the Nanaimo Harbourfront Branch! Donate good condition art and craft related items to help them find a new home, and pick up some new-to-you items for free!
Items for the Art and Craft Supply Swap may be dropped off at the Nanaimo Harbourfront Library ONLY during these times:
- Friday, February 28 from 10-4 pm
- Sunday, March 1 from 12:30-4 pm
- Monday, March 2 from 5:30-8 pm
- Tuesday, March 3 from 5:30-8 pm
*Important Note: Please only bring items that are in the type of condition that you would want to bring home. Please no opened paint, or items that are no longer usable. Unsuitable items or items not related to the art and craft theme will not be accepted.
How does the Swap work?
Early Bird tickets will be given to people who donate items for the swap during the designated times. Those who donated items will have tickets to come in on Saturday, March 7th at the Early Bird time of 12-1 pm.
Everyone else is welcome to come in and browse from 1-4 pm even if they did not donate craft items. Just please be courteous of other swappers and take only a reasonable amount of what you believe you will use.
Items not picked up during the swap may be used for future library programs, or donated.
What can you bring to donate?
Basically clean, good-condition art and craft related items that can be used to create!
- Art supplies: watercolors, artists paints (in tubes acrylic or oil), chalk paint (No quarts or gallons or interior/exterior paint), paint brushes, crayons, pastels, chalk, pencils, pens, markers, erasers, blenders, paper, stretched canvas, art board, rulers, sketch books, easels, collage supplies, scrapbooking supplies, paper, stickers, stamps and stamp pads, punches, embellishments, adhesives, photo albums, adhesive vinyl, maps, graph paper, large format paper, old photos and postcards.
- Craft Supplies: pipe cleaners, craft foam, feathers, adhesives, glitter, wine corks, string, twine, plastic canvas, wire, jewelry making supplies and tools, beads, clay (polymer clay and air hardening clay), clay tools, frames, mat board, gift wrap
- Fabric and Fiber Arts: fabric, zippers, buttons, thread, patterns, sewing needls, pins, trim, ribbon, elastic, closures, velcro, yarn, wool, felt, knitting needles, crochet hooks, felting tools, embroidery floss, embroidery hoops
- Containers (clean): mason jars, decorative tins, coffee tins, Altoids tins, cigar boxes, beakers