Sidney / North Saanich
Takeout Service: Place holds at search.virl.bc.ca and we’ll contact you when items are ready for pick up. Or call us at 250-656-0944 and we’ll select items for you. Drop-in during Takeout Service hours and pick up your items at the entrance.
Library Materials Return: Return library materials through the book drop at the back of the building. Materials are quarantined for 72 hours after they are returned.
Takeout Service Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday: 10am-12pm, 1-4pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 1-4pm, 5-7pm
About the Branch
In 1966, the communities of North Saanich and Sidney joined VIRL and a branch was opened on Beacon Ave. In 1967, the library moved to the Annex at SANSCHA Hall. The library has been at its current location, a few blocks from Sidney’s downtown, since 1982.
In the spring of 2019, the branch re-opened to great fanfare after a significant renovation project that saw a completely reimagined interior space, new HVAC, and much more.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Accessible washroom
- 8 public access computers and printer/copier
- 2 children's computers with early literacy games
- Fireplace lounge area
- Study area
- Bright open floor plan with large windows overlooking a beautiful garden and Community Wellness park
- Home delivery service for customers who cannot visit the library in person
- On BC transit route
- Free public WiFi
- Library Manager – Sharon Walker
- Adult Customer Services Librarian – Virginia MacLeod