Sidney / North Saanich
Following the Provincial Medical Health Officer orders, masks are now recommended — and appreciated — when visiting the library. This is in addition to physical distancing, occupancy limits, and other safety measures.
A properly worn mask covers your nose and mouth at all times. Masks are available. Speak to a member of staff.
- Come in! Browse the collection and pick up your holds.
- Please bring your library card to use the touchless self-checkout machine.
- Three public computers, 30 minute sessions, call us to book in advance.
- Printer/copier available.
- Please phone or email for more in depth help or technical assistance.
- Seating and study tables not available.
- Book drop is located at the back of the building and is open 24/7. Returned items may show as checked out on your account while we process your items, we will clear your checked out material. Thank you for your patience.
- There are currently no overdue fines on library materials. However, we ask that you still return your items by their due dates so others can enjoy them.
About the Branch
In 1966, the communities of North Saanich and Sidney joined VIRL and a branch was opened on Beacon Ave. In 1967, the library moved to the Annex at SANSCHA Hall. The library has been at its current location, a few blocks from Sidney’s downtown, since 1982.
In the spring of 2019, the branch re-opened to great fanfare after a significant renovation project that saw a completely reimagined interior space, new HVAC, and much more.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Accessible washroom
- 8 public access computers and printer/copier
- 2 children's computers with early literacy games
- Fireplace lounge area
- Study area
- Bright open floor plan with large windows overlooking a beautiful garden and Community Wellness park
- Home delivery service for customers who cannot visit the library in person
- On BC transit route
- Free public WiFi
- Library Manager – Sharon Walker
- Adult Customer Services Librarian – Virginia MacLeod