Branch Update: Vancouver Island Regional Library branches are temporarily closed until further notice to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Please check https://virl.bc.ca/covid-19-update/ for regular updates.
About the Branch
The Qualicum Beach library branch opened in 1937 and lived in several different locations through the years. The library branch has been at its current location “under the clock tower” in the Town Hall since 1997. The interior was repainted in 2009 and new flooring installed in 2011.
- Wheelchair accessible
- 6 public access computers
- Free public WiFi
- Qualicum Beach Asian Collection (English language DVDs, cookbooks, travel books, children's books, mysteries and more on Asian-related themes)
- Children's computer with Early Literacy Games
- Collection size of more than 32,000 items
- Library Manager – Colleen Nelson
- Customer Service Librarian, Children and Youth – Nathan McKay