A New Branch for Chemainus
Chemainus, your new branch is set to open on Monday, January 13, 2020!
Find the latest information here.
About the Branch
The Chemainus branch has seen a lot of books and people pass through its doors since the first library opened in the Masonic Hall in 1949. The current library opened in 1990 and has served the community well for nearly 30 years. But now it’s being stretched to its limits in its growing community.
- 6 public access computers with Internet access, word processing and printing
- Free public WiFi
- Research help
- Collection size of almost 15,000 items
- Meeting room
- Library Manager – Stephen Warren
The meeting spaces at the Chemainus branch are available for library programs and by community groups. At this time, our branch is only booking non-profit and community groups (sorry, no strata meetings or for-profit/business use). Use of the space is FREE! If your group wishes to support the library with a donation, it will be gladly received at the branch or online. Preference given to groups that are open to the public.
Those wishing to book meetings can contact our librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org with their:
- desired date and time (include options for best chance of getting a space)
- name of group
- general purpose of your group
- how many people you expect
- technology needs
- contact information for the person in charge of the booking