Borrow a Kobo eReader and enjoy this digital format at all of our branches. Download titles through our VIRL Library To Go database. Detailed instructions are included with the Kobo eReader kit, or ask one of our librarians for help.
For more information, check with your local branch.
- 1 Kobo per Adult library card
- Click here to place a hold on a Kobo, or search the catalogue using the keywords "Kobo" or "ereader".
- Loan period is 3 weeks, no renewals allowed.
- Late charge is $1.50 per day.
- Return the Kobo to staff during open hours (don't use the book drop).
- A replacement charge is assessed for lost or damaged eReaders.
Kobo eReader Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How can I request an eReader in the catalogue?
Enter the keywords 'Kobo' or 'eReader' in the search box and click 'Search'. Place a request as you would for a book or DVD title. You will be notified when the Kobo is available.
2. How does the Kobo work?
We provide a Kobo Help sheet in the kit when you borrow the eReader. This explains how to use it and provides contact numbers for further information.
3. Does the eReader have books already on it?
The library has two types of Kobo readers: 100 titles are stored on the Kobo; no titles are stored on the Kobo Touch.
4. Can I download more titles to the Kobo I borrow from the library?
Click on our eBooks resource page and you will find over 5,500 titles to download. In order to transfer downloaded eBooks to your Kobo, you will need:
- Free software, Adobe Digital Editions authorized on your home computer (PC or MAC)
- The Kobo will then need to be authorized to use with this software. To do this, plug the Kobo into your computer and select 'Manage Library' or 'Connect' on the Kobo Touch. Open Adobe Digital Editions on your computer and follow the prompts provided to authorize it.
5. What happens with the titles that I download to the Kobo?
We will reset the Kobo when it is returned to the branch. Please return the eReader charged.
6. Can I have help learning how to use my own Kobo?
We will provide basic instruction on how to use the eReader. Please contact your local branch for details.