Wireless Internet Access
Vancouver Island Regional Library provides free wireless Internet access to the public from all branch locations. Wireless access provides a way to fulfill the Library's mission of providing equal access to information.
What is wireless Internet access and how do I use it at Vancouver Island Regional Library?
- Wireless Internet access uses radio frequency signals to exchange information between your computer and the Internet.
- No cables are required.
- Wireless allows customers to bring their own laptop computers to the library and to get free Internet access.
- Wireless enables the library system to offer this service without having to go through the great expense of upgrading and installing new wiring.
- Library customers can use their wireless laptop computers to get Internet access at almost every table or chair in the library and are not limited to the public access computer areas of the library.
- Since customers provide their own equipment, the time limits that apply to public access computers do not apply to WiFi users; however, each wireless session is one hour in duration and needs to be re-established hourly.
- You can use the system all day during branch operating hours.
How do I use wireless at the library?
- You will need to bring your own laptop computer with built-in WiFi, or you will need to install a WiFi network card.
- Most WiFi equipment will be compatible; however, the library cannot guarantee compatibility of your equipment with the library's network.
- Printers are not part of the Wireless Internet Access program in the library. If you need to print, please save your work to disk or memory stick, then login to a workstation and send print jobs to a printer.
What about security?
The library's wireless network is not secure. Information sent to or from your laptop can potentially be captured by someone else. To securely access your corporate e-mail and other applications, you may need a security solution (VPN or Virtual Private Network).
Limitations and Disclaimers
* The library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or for laptop configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the library's network.
* The library cannot assure the safety of your data when you use either our wired or wireless Internet access. The library recommends that credit card information and passwords not be transmitted while using a library WiFi "hotspot".
* The library limits wireless service to branch operating hours.
Will I need any special settings or passwords to connect?
No, anybody can connect.
Can the library help me configure my computer?
* Sorry, everyone's computer is different, and you are responsible for knowing how to configure your own equipment.
* Some helpful tips are included on our Wireless How-To page.
* Vancouver Island Regional Library cannot be responsible for any changes you make to your computer's settings.
* If you need additional assistance, you may need to contact the company that sold you the laptop, or the manufacturers of your hardware or software.