How Books by Mail Works
How It Works – 5 easy steps
- To get a Books by Mail account, email bbm [at] virl [dot] bc [dot] ca. If you do not have internet access, call us at 1-877-415-VIRL (8475).
- Select the items you want to borrow from our online catalogue and choose Books by Mail as your pick up location. You can also place your request by phoning 1-877-415-VIRL (8475).
- The Library mails the items to you in re-usable bags with a postage-paid return address label. All postage is paid for by the Library.
- You return the items 3 weeks after you have received them. (Loan period is 6 weeks to allow for mail time). You can renew your items online at MyVIRL.
- Mail the items back to the library in the re-usable bag with the postage-paid return address label.
Note: You can borrow Library materials free of charge; however, you are responsible for damaged and lost items.