The construction tender closed November 21, 2018. CCM Construction Ltd (CCM), a Vancouver Island-based construction firm, has been awarded the contract.
We anticipate construction beginning in early 2019.
Once built, Chemainus will have a state-of-the-art library with the following features and amenities:
- 5,000 square feet of floor space
- Increased staffing levels
- Expanded hours of operation
- A larger opening day collection with many new materials
- An expanded program schedule
- More public computers
- A vibrant children’s area
- A lounging area with fireplace
- A laptop bar
- Study space
- A bookable multipurpose room
Renderings of the library are below: