Vancouver Island Public Library strives to build a balanced collection and appreciates your ideas and contributions. Suggested materials must fit into VIRL’s Collection Development Policy.
Vancouver Island Regional Library welcome suggestions for:
- Authors, titles, or subjects of interest to you that would also be of interest to others
- Items of local interest, relating to the geographic area Vancouver Island, Haida Gwaii, or British Columbia
Please do not suggest:
- Items already available in the library catalogue;
- Current popular titles from best-selling authors. The library automatically purchases widely from current publishing. Please check the library catalogue periodically to see if your item has been added;
- Titles that are not yet available (in pre-publication);
- Older titles that are no longer available (out of print). For older items, you may try requesting an interlibrary loan.
If we do not have the title you are after, and you think the item is something we should add to our collection, please use our Suggest an Item form. Using this form submits the request to our librarians, who review the request and consider buying the item.
If you would like to request the item from another Library system using InterLibrary Loan please visit our InterLibrary Loan page.