How to Borrow
Bring your library card to any of our 39 Library Branches, browse our stacks or use our online catalogue to find materials, and sign them out at the circulation desk or at our Xpress Check out stations.
Most materials may be returned to any branch, with book drops available for after-hours returns.
How long can I borrow materials?
- Standard loan period 3 weeks (21 days)
- CDs 3 weeks (21 days)
- DVDs 1 week (7 days)
- Book Club Sets - 6 weeks (42 days)
- High demand items with more than 4 holds per copy 14 days
- Express Reads – 1 week (7 days)
- eBook/audiobook collections (3 weeks)
- Magazines - 3 weeks (21 days) with no renewals
- Special loan periods are provided for Homebound customers and registered audiobook print disabled customers. See our Assistive Services page for more details.
- Special loan periods are also provided for customers who qualify for Books by Mail Service.