Sidney / North Saanich
The Sidney Branch on Resthaven Drive is currently being renovated to better serve the community. Check out this short video for an idea of what to expect when the branch reopens later in 2019!
Our temporary location at 2353 Bevan Avenue is open to serve you.
We apologize that the following services and amenities have been impacted at the temporary location:
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Smaller number of public computers
- No children’s computers
- No Lit Kits
About the Branch
In 1966, the communities of North Saanich and Sidney joined VIRL and a branch was opened on Beacon Ave. In 1967, the library moved to the Annex at SANSCHA Hall. The library has been at its current location, a few blocks from Sidney’s downtown, since 1982.
- Wheelchair accessible
- 6 public access computers
- 2 children's computers with educational games
- Home delivery service for customers who cannot visit the library in person
- Literacy kits for preschoolers on a variety of fun themes
- On BC transit route
- Adjacent to Community Wellness Park and surrounded by beautiful garden maintained by Town of Sidney
- Collection size of almost 41,000 items
- Library Manager – Sharon Walker
- Adult Customer Services Librarian – Virginia MacLeod