About the Branch
The Village of Comox joined the Vancouver Island Union Library system as a book station in 1937, withdrew in 1957, and re-entered the system as a branch in 1972. The library moved to its current location in the Portside building on Beaufort Ave in 2009.
Located in the heart of Comox, the library is just two blocks from the water, and a constant hive of activity each day. The library is woven into the fabric of the community and is cherished by Comox’s youngest library users all the way to its most senior customers.
- 4 public computers
- Printing & photocopying
- Wheelchair accessible
- Adult and children's programs
- Reading lounge with fireplace
- Free WiFi
- In addition to street parking there are 12 library parking spaces behind the building
- Library Manager – Colleen Nelson
- Customer Services Librarian – Allison Trumble